Last Updated on May 24, 2023 by David Eisenman
Hair clippers make up an essential part of every barber’s kit and are used to prepare hair before cutting or shaving it off. However, just like any other tool, your hair clippers will start to wear down the more you use them. The good news is that you can save yourself from prematurely buying new clippers by oiling them regularly.
Today, we’ll show you how to oil your hair clippers for better performance, and how to tell when your clippers need to be serviced by a pro barber. Let’s get started!
Check This: Best Cordless Hair Clipper
What does oiling mean for clippers?
Oiling your clippers means keeping them lubricated so they can function properly. This will help prolong their life and keep them cutting smoothly. You should oil your clippers every time you use them, or at least once a week if you don’t use them often.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to oiling your hair clippers:
- Unplug the clippers and open up the blade guard.
- Put a few drops of oil on the blades.
- Use a soft cloth to spread the oil evenly over the blades.
- Close the blade guard and plug in the clippers.
- Turn on the clippers and let them run for a few seconds to distribute the oil evenly.
Which parts of hair clippers should be oiled?
It’s important to oil all the moving parts of your hair clippers, including the blades, combs, and shears. This will help keep them in good condition and prevent rusting. Oiling your hair clippers regularly will also make them run more smoothly.
Does it matter which type of oil I use?
Many people ask what kind of oil to use on their hair clippers. The answer is that it does not really matter as long as you use an oil that is light and will not gum up the works. Light oil such as 3-in-1 oil or a sewing machine oil will work just fine. You can also use WD-40 if you happen to have some handy.
How often should hair clippers be oiled?
Oiling your hair clippers is important to prolong the life of the blades and keep them sharp. It’s recommended that you oil your clippers after each use, or at least once a week. Here’s a step-by-step guide to oiling your hair clippers:
- Unplug the clippers and remove the blade.
- Place a few drops of oil on a clean cloth and wipe down the blade, making sure to get in all the nooks and crannies.
- Reattach the blade and run the clippers for a few seconds to distribute the oil evenly.
- Wipe away any excess oil with a clean cloth.
- That’s it!
Clipper maintenance tips
- Oiling your clippers is important to keep them running smoothly and prevent rusting.
- You should oil your clippers after each use, or at least once a week.
- Put a few drops of oil on a cloth and wipe it along the blades.
- You can also use a toothpick to get the oil into small spaces.
- Be sure to clean off any excess oil before using the clippers again.
Maintenance after oiling
After you oil your hair clippers, make sure to wipe away any excess with a clean cloth. It’s also important to run the clippers through your hair a few times to distribute the oil evenly. Be sure to clean the blades after each use to prevent buildup. Regular maintenance will help keep your hair clippers in top condition for years to come!
To oil your hair clippers, you will need a few supplies. First, you will need a small brush or toothpick. Next, you will need light oil such as mineral oil or baby oil. Finally, you will need clean cloth.
Oiling your hair clippers is a simple process. First, use the brush or toothpick to apply a small amount of oil to the blades. Next, use the cloth to wipe away any excess oil.