Looking clean and smooth for your next big company presentation or a date with someone special does not have to be difficult. You can actually achieve that great look without having to spend a lot of time and money in doing so. All you need is something as simple as a single blade razor.
Some might think that electric shavers are the better choice to achieve that goal but there is has always been a beauty in using single blade razor. For one thing, they do not need electricity to work. Another consideration is that they are smaller and lighter. In that case, you can quickly get that suave look at any place and at any time.
Interested in getting a good single blade razor? Well, we have piled up a list of what we believe are the best ones that the market has to offer today.
Review List of the Best Single Blade Razor
The Edwin Jagger Double Edge Safety Razor comes with a unique shape and design that does not skimp out on you when it comes to the quality of shave it gives. In fact, it actually gives a pretty close and comfortable shave as its blade is angled precisely and its grip and weight are both ideals for any person’s hand.
Moreover, this product will not break the bank. It has replacement blades that are pretty affordable compared to other products on the market. That means that you not only get a razor that feels comfortable on your skin and on your hands but also an economic one at that.
Providing you with one of the basic yet still best kind of shaving experience, the Edwin Jagger Double Edge Safety Razor is a product that checks all the boxes when it comes to razors that actually do their job well and in a very comfortable manner. Also, you can check out our guide for the best cartridge razors.
- The blade is angled perfectly to provide you give you a close shave.
- Light on your hands and has a comfortable grip and handle.
- Looks and feels premium because of its chrome design.
- As comfortable as the handle is, it can be quite slippery.
- Does not perform really well when you use it on your legs.
This razor does not have your conventional modern design. It actually looks like your classic razor since it uses a type of blade that men have been using for hundreds of years before the invention of the more modern blades we see today. That said, the MERKUR Classic 2-Piece Double Edge Safety Razor looks and feels premium and provides you with a shaving experience that is as close and as precise as possible due to its unique design and its German-engineered Solingen steel, which promises and irritation-free shave.
Other than that, what makes this a great razor to use are mainly two things: its long handle and its heavy head. Because it has a long handle, you hardly put any effort when you are shaving. Moreover, the heavy head does all the work for you as you effortlessly glide it through your skin.
Expertly designed and crafted, the MERKUR Classic 2-Piece Double Edge Safety Razor is a razor you surely want to get your hands on if you want a product that delivers a classic clean and effortless shave. We also have a list of the best back shavers for men that you might like to check.
- Has a premium steel design that makes it look classy.
- The heavy head and the long handle makes the shave feel effortless
- Uses premium razors that come from the best in the business.
- Might be too classic for those who want to use razors with modern designs/
- The stainless steel handle is slippery especially when wet.
The Weishi Nostalgic Long Handle Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor provides you with an unbelievable shaving experience that simply lets the blade do the work for you. It is an effortless kind of razor that glides through your skin without much difficulty so long as you are holding it right and using the correct angle.
Moreover, this razor has a butterfly design that makes it easy for you to change blades. And because of its long handle, it is very easy and effortless for you to achieve that smooth and clean look you always wanted.
The Weishi Nostalgic Long Handle Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor is a razor that makes everything seem so effortless on your part.
- Glides through your skin effortlessly.
- Blades are easy to replace.
- You have to follow a specific angle since the blade does not bend very well to follow the contours of your face.
- If you do not follow the instructions correctly, expect to cut yourself.
The MERKUR Classic 3-Piece Razor Double Edge Safety Razor is sort of the older brother of the MERKUR Classic 2-Piece Razor Double Edge Safety Razor. The only difference is that it has a 3-piece design. That said, it comes with all of the basic features of its brother. However, because of its design, it makes cleaning easier. You can use it either open com or closed comb. Other than that, it basically is the same with the MERKUR Classic 2-Piece Razor Double Edge Safety Razor.
This 3-piece version of the classic MERKUR razor comes with an easy-to-clean feature that allows you to remove the comb head for easy cleaning and for a more open shaving experience.
- Looks and feels premium and classy.
- The removable comb head allows you to clean it easier than other razors.
- It comes with a slippery handle similar to other MERKUR razors.
- Does not have some of the features of modern razors.
Despite its imposing name, the VIKINGS BLADE The Chieftain Double Edge Safety Razor was not made to cut your head off. However, it is strong and heavy enough to hack through your beard quite easily. It has a pretty heavy build that allows you to rely on the weight of the razor to cleanly glide through your skin. Moreover, it was clearly designed to artfully cut through hair with precision.
While it might look really expensive and premium, the VIKINGS BLADE The Chieftain Double Edge Safety Razor is actually environment-friendly. Moreover, it allows you to easily change blades in a matter of seconds.
Great for heavy duty shaves, the VIKINGS BLADE The Chieftain Double Edge Safety Razor is a product that was made for Norse gods and is great at precision shaving.
- Great for a close shave because of its weight and its premium design.
- Very easy to use and it makes replacing the blade so much easier.
- You have to use small strokes as gently as possible if you want to avoid cutting yourself.
- It might be too heavy for some people.
The Elkaline Razors Shaving Kit for Men and Women is a product that was indeed made for men and women as it precisely glides through whatever skin type while cutting hair regardless of whether it is used on the face, on the legs, or on the underarms. And the best part about the shaving experience is that it minimizes cuts.
With its innovative design, the Elkaline Razors Shaving Kit for Men and Women makes it easy for you to remove and replace blades simply by twisting a knob. The blades are not even very expensive and will help you save more money in the long run.
The Elkaline Razors Shaving Kit for Men and Women might not have the same kind of premium feel to it compared to other razors, but it gets the job done and it is great at precise shaving without the cuts.
- Good for both men and women.
- Very easy to remove and replace blades.
- Not great for sensitive skin.
- Feels a bit cheap compared to other single blade razors.
The cousin of The Chieftan, the VIKINGS BLADE The Vulcan Long Handle Double Edge Safety Razor is a very similar product to its predecessor. What that means is that it comes with all of the features of The Chieftain except for the fact that is bigger and longer. It attacks hair in a rather aggressive manner similar to The Chieftain but some people find it easier to use because of its long handle.
It really is very similar to The Chieftain but the VIKINGS BLADE The Vulcan Long Handle Double Edge Safety Razor has a longer handle that makes shaving a bit more effortless.
- Longer handle means less effort on your part.
- Great for all-around use.
- Because it is bigger than The Chieftain, it is heavier.
- Tends to leave cuts on your skin.
The Parker 22R is a razor that was designed to fit both beginners and experienced users alike because of its user-friendly design and shaving experience. It has a solid frame that makes it a very durable product. On top of that, it allows you to grip it as firm as possible because of its textured handles. That means that it won’t be as slippery as the other razors on this list.
Solid and effective, the Parker 22R stands out due to its simplicity.
- Great for all-around use.
- Not as slippery as some of the other premium razors.
- The blade often gets out of position while you are shaving.
- Made out of brass instead of stainless steel.
Quality and luxury all rolled into one, the Feather Model AS-D2 provides you with a good shave that is similar to the classic wet shaving experience your grandfather was used to back in the day. However, the great thing about this is that it is anything but old school in the sense that it has the precision, comfort, and control that your grandfather never had when he used his old razors.
A classic touch to an age-old experience, the Feather Model AS-D2 is a good blend of luxury and precision.
- Looks and feels luxurious.
- Great at close shaves because of its precision.
- It is a bit on the expensive side.
With its open comb design, the MUHLE R41 Safety Razor Open Comb is a great addition to this list as it gives you a good wet shaving experience that is both luxurious and classic on its own. Made out of steel, this razor is resistant to corrosion and has a build and construction that feels solid and sturdy. Moreover, it does not have a consistent shaving experience but it promises that it will adjust to whatever type of beard and skin it encounters.
The MUHLE R41 Safety Razor Open Comb is a solid shave to have in your arsenal as it provides you with the luxury and precision that not many other razors can.
- Feels durable because of its solid build.
- Adjusts to beard and skin type.
- Very aggressive and may lead to cuts if you are not an experienced user.
Choosing a single blade razor should not be rocket science. After all, it tends to be a lot more simple than choosing an electric razor because of the very fact that there are not a lot of intricacies involved. What that means is that the best single blade razor on the market all boils down to how precise and effortless it is to use. You may experience a few cuts every now and then but that is all part of the experience.
Eventually, you will get to the point where you will be experienced enough to know how to use any kind of single blade razor without cutting yourself or feeling any discomfort. But, as of now, feel free to choose any of our top picks as we assure you that they will deliver in terms of overall quality and experience.
Our Top Picks
- Review List of the Best Single Blade Razor
- #1. Edwin Jagger Double Edge Safety Razor
- #2. MERKUR Classic 2-Piece Double Edge Safety Razor
- #3. Weishi Nostalgic Long Handle Butterfly Open Double Edge Safety Razor
- #4. MERKUR Classic 3-Piece Razor Double Edge Safety Razor
- #5. VIKINGS BLADE The Chieftain Double Edge Safety Razor
- #6. Elkaline Razors Shaving Kit for Men and Women
- #7. VIKINGS BLADE The Vulcan Long Handle Double Edge Safety Razor
- #8. Parker 22R
- #9. Feather Model AS-D2
- #10. MUHLE R41 Safety Razor Open Comb